All the discussion about credit cards, wallet apps, and other money stuff over the past couple of weeks in the Telegram group. Join us to be updated in a more timely manner!
- AXS has stopped rejecting payments made by GrabPay Mastercard. Seems capped at $500 for each transaction.
- What happens when you hit the $30,000 limit on Big Pay?
- Grab has been awarding Grab points on public transportation
- Earn $1 on EZ-Link wallet
- ShopeePay doesn’t work for Grab Power Up challenge any more
- Any limit to the number of Grab transactions? Seems like 10+ is fine
- 6/6 deal for Paylah
- Will Citi SMRT work with ipaymy? Citi Rewards doesn’t, so maybe not? To be confirmed
- Best card for paying rent? Probably UOB One on ipaymy/cardup
- Is Giga counted for OCBC FRANK’s 6%? Confirmed: yes
- Is Starhub online bill payment counted for OCBC FRANK’s 6%? Yes
- What cashback card to use for SP Utilities? UOB One
- Discussion on credit cards’ impact on Total Debt Servicing Ratio
- Is GrabPay wallet top-up eligible for UOB One’s cashback? No, only Grab transactions charged to UOB One directly qualifies; try UOB Absolute or Amex True Cashback instead
- How to manage a growing credit card collection? Folders
- Newly revamped SMRT Card is really good!
- Is medical bill counted towards the minimum spend for OCBC 365? Seems unlikely
- Buying an Apple laptop – what card to use? Citi SMRT card for online, and OCBC Titanium Rewards at the physical store. Buy at MBS with edu discount and MBS loyalty programme
- Discussion on purchase of $5,000 of jewellery in-store
- Do instalment services (hoolah, atome etc.) qualify for card rewards?
- CardUp now allows mortgage payments with credit cards!
- Discussion on missing UOB One’s quarterly cashback because of merchant refund;
Savings and investing
- Discussion on the minimum sum to maintain for DBS Treasures
- What’s a good long-term endowment plan and why I don’t recommend it
- How to invest in Singapore equities? Roboadvisers like Syfe, or trading apps like moomoo
- Singlife Account has reduced returns to 1%; see article
- New Bonus$aver applicants getting $20 deduction for debit card; make sure to try waive it!
- Great deal for those with HSBC accounts: get up to $55 rebate for transactions including PayNow transfers
- When to terminate and re-apply insurance to meet Multiplier’s conditions?
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, savings accounts, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips exclusively shared in the group chat!