Things You Missed – 10th to 23rd May 2021
Notable things we talked about form credit cards and wallet apps to investing and rewards programmes. Join us so you won’t miss time-sensitive stuff!
- Does Maybank Platinum Visa give cashback for things like ipaymy or CardUp? Both are listed as eligible.
- How to pay NTUC Income premiums? Probably AXS
- Tax payment via CardUp – can I pay for my parents? They’d have to sign up themselves
- Can you pay less that your income tax via CardUp? Yes
- Targeted OCBC FRANK spend promo; another variation of it
- Sign-up gifts: what if I sign up for multiple cards from the same bank? Also, how long after cancellation until I’m eligible for rewards again
- Amex’s helpful in-app chat support seems missing for some people
- How to clear small surplus on credit card before closing account
- Cards that earn rewards on education transactions
- Discussion on DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) charges for overseas payments
- Do banks have a limit to number of lost card replacements? Unanswered ):
- Discussion on the newly revamped UOB EVOL card; great pair with UOB Absolute?
- Discussion on OCBC FRANK and telco bills
- Razer allows FAST; top-ups via credit card disabled for users who opt in
- Anyone tested using RP Card at GTM top-up?
- Is Grab’s Rewards Multiplier worth it? I’m going to say no, and someone else thinks so
- Revolut Card can’t be added to SimplyGo’s portal (it’d still work for fares though)
- Dash is reducing the top-up amount via credit card to $500 (from $1,000) monthly
- New Grab Power Up challenge differs in spend amount per user
- CitiRewards Master gives 4 mpd on ShopeePay top ups?
- Does Revolut have a referral programme? Why indeed it does!
- Grab now has a limit meter for Grab card spending!
- Revolut’s 20% cashback on groceries promo
- Discussion on cryptocurrencies
- Is free Apple Share still on for moomoo? Yes!
- CapitaSTAR new redemption: parking coupons
- GrabRewards had a flash sale
- SP GreenUP getting a revamp from 17th June
- What’s the limit on eCapitaVoucher and STAR$ one can have? $999 for eCapitaVoucher; unknown for STAR$
- We had a podcast with Ascend Design; episode to be uploaded soon
- We’ve crossed a 1,000 group chat members 😄 Thanks all for taking part 🍸
Promos ending soon – grab them before June!
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips exclusively shared in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. None of the information here constitutes personal financial advice. Thank you for supporting my site!