We are definitely in some kind of time warp because I cannot believe it’s been another month.
Changes: number of spots are different for the highest tier
|Top-up Amount||Number of Transactions||Spend Amount||Reward||Spots|
Tap here on your phone to find out which tier you are on, and let me know if you have any info that is not reflected in the above table.
The 20,000 points tier has increased from 3,500 to 4,500 spots from last month’s challenge. Last month’s challenge lasted well into November; I completed my challenge on 6th November. 4,500 should leave plenty of breathing space for people within this tier to clock their rewards.
Aside from this, there is very little change from the previous months.
Changes: no discernible change
Note that the terms and conditions exclude transactions of the following merchant codes:
- MCC 6540 – POI Funding Transactions
- MCC 7299 – Miscellaneous personal services
- MCC 6012 – Financial Services
- MCC 7399 – Business services not elsewhere classified
- MCC 6536 – Money Send
- MCC 6537 – Money Send intercountry
- MCC 6011 – Financial Institutions Manual Cash Disbursements
- MCC 6300 – Insurance Sales, Underwriting and Premiums
- MCC 5960 – Direct Marketing Insurance Services
- MCC 8398 – Charities
- MCC 8220 – Colleges, Junior Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools
- MCC 8299 – Schools and Educational Services ( Not Elsewhere Classified)
- MCC 8661 – Religious Organizations
- MCC 8211 – Elementary and Secondary Schools
- MCC 8244 – Business and Secretarial Schools
- MCC 8249 – Vocational Schools and Trade Schools
- MCC 8241 – Correspondence Schools
- MCC 8062 – Hospitals
Changes: no discernible change
|Spend Amount||Reward||Rebate Amount||Rebate Percent|
These are on top of your base Grab earn rate, which range from between 3 to 6 points per dollar spent (0.6 to 1.2% rebate). Grab points can be boosted with things like SP GreenUP and waiting for sales.
You also get 1.5% or 1.7% cashback when you top up with certain cards (see below).
This means your total earn rate can be as high as 7.9% (5% Power Up rebate + 1.2% base rebate + 1.7% top-up cashback).
Changes: telco MCC included for the first time
GrabPay Accelerator gives additional 4 points per dollar (0.8% rebate) spent on the following categories:
- MCC 7997 – Membership Clubs (Sports, Recreation, Athletic), Country Clubs, and Private Golf Courses,
- MCC 4899 – Cable and other pay television (previously Cable Services)
- MCC 5816 – Digital Goods: Games
- MCC 5815 – Digital Goods: Media, Books, Movies, Music
- MCC 5817 – Digital Goods: Applications (Excludes Games)
- MCC 5818 – Digital Goods: Large Digital Goods Merchant
- MCC 5814 – Fast Food Restaurants
- MCC 5812 – Eating places and Restaurants
- MCC 5411 – Grocery Stores, Supermarkets
- MCC 4814 -Telco (new)
Each transaction get only get a maximum of 500 points ($125 spend), and each user is capped at 20 transactions per cycle (15th of every month to the 14th of the following month).
Do note that there is also an undisclosed limit to this. A few of us in the chat group tried paying telco during 11/11 and did not get the Accelerator points.
Cards to top up Grab
Get 1.7% with the UOB Absolute Cashback card, and up to 3% with the Amex True Cashback Card.
New to Amex
- S$80 CapitaVouchers^
- 3% cashback on first $5,000 of spend (Grab top ups get 1.5% instead)
*min spend of S$250 required within 30 days of card approval
For new-to-UOB cardholders: receive S$30 cash when you sign up. Valid till 31 Aug 2022. T&Cs apply.
The first 100 new-to-UOB credit cardmembers can receive S$150 cash credit when they apply for a card and make a min. spend of S$1,500 within 30 days from card approval date. Valid till 31 Aug 2022.
Get 1.7% cashback on nearly anything including Grab top-ups
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips exclusively shared in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. None of the information here constitutes personal financial advice. Thank you for supporting my site!