All the chatter in the past week relating to credit cards, wallet apps, and more:
- Note: Shopee Pay Later MCC is probably different from Shopee
- Citi Cashback: cashback redemption mechanics
- Passport renewal MCC: should be 9399
- Citi Rewards: football pitches
- Citi Rewards: is Uber counted? Yes
- Citi Rewards: 10X points for Starhub? Yes
- Citi Rewards: 10X points for polyclinic? Via app payment
- Citi SMRT: EZ-Link auto top-ups will no longer earn cashback from 13th July
- What to do with unwanted cards? My article/video on how credit cards affect credit score
- Discussion on lazy card strategies
- Discussion on PayPal transactions
- Minimum income requirement for credit cards is $30,000
- Conservancy charges/HDB season parking: credit card or GIRO? GIRO has 2% rebate for season parking
- Chope MCC: likely 5812
- ChangiPay: MCC is changed to that of LiquidPay; probably no high-earn rate here
- Raffles Medical Clinic is classified as hospital MCC; generally excluded by most cards
- Discussion on whether miles cards make sense for people who go for low-cost carriers
- Discussion on whether transactions with NET* in description are excluded as NETS transactions. Some say excluded; others say not excluded
- Discussion on Citi PremierMiles vs DBS Altitude
What’s the best card for?
- Harvey Norman or other electronics retailer
- Best mile card for utilities? Generally excluded
- Overseas spend
- Hotel bookings in foreign currency
Credit card promos
- Grab booster: Fraser gift card works
- Grab: discounted CapitaStar redemptions made an appearance
- Grab: M Malls vouchers appearing on flash sales (get 2,500 points to start)
- Kris+: multiple reports about Citi Rewards not working
- Nestia: 50-cent cashback per hawker centre transaction
- EZ-Link: upgrade to SimplyGo for $2 cashback
- ShopBack: some reporting that prices are higher when going through ShopBack
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips shared exclusively in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Thank you for supporting my site!
Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. Content published here are my sole views and personal opnion, and none of the information here constitutes personal financial advice nor represents the views of my employer(s).