Everything from our very chatty Telegram chat that happened last week.
These links lead to Telegram messages on the Telegram group chat. You should press and hold or right click and view replies to see a fuller context of the discussion.
From the Archives
In case you missed this the last time it was published last year in October, I analysed a savings policy that was recommended to a reader who sent in the benefit illustration:
General card discussion
- Are DBS annual fees easy to waive?
- UOB cards taking a long time to be approved
- Discussion on petrol promos
- Poll on cashback vs miles
- Are OCBC annual fees easy to waive?
What card to use for… / MCC
- Overseas shopping / more overseas spend
- MCC for Chope
- Mooncakes from hotels
- Telco bills / more discussion / more discussion
- Buying iPhone / more discussion
- Atome payment
- Public transport
- NTUC Membership
- Way to check MCC
- Citi Rewards: bonus points mechanism
- Citi SMRT: appeal for expired cashback successful
- Citi Cash Back: does it give 6% for food deliveries
- Payment of insurance
- Citi Cash Back+: how to redeem cashback
- Maybank Family and Friends: question on eligible transactions
- Citi SMRT: AirBnB is most likely excluded
- OCBC FRANK: gets cashback with Fave eCard
- CIMB Visa Signature: discussion
Trust Bank matters
- FairPrice Coupons can be stacked in physical stores
- Redemption of rice
- Trust Card: first month bonus is awarded without minimum spend
- Trust Card does not remove your customer status with StanChart
- Overseas withdrawal question
- Credit card application for existing Trust Bank accountholders will be available later this year
- Easy way to get $25 voucher
Savings and investments
- Grab Booster points now not awarded instantly
- Discussion: YouTrip vs Amaze for Malaysia trip
- ShopBack: can Suntec e-voucher be used partially
- Grab: fund transfers to own number will not count towards $30,000 annual limit
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips shared exclusively in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Thank you for supporting my site!
Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. Content published here are my sole views and personal opinion, and none of the information here constitutes personal financial advice nor represents the views of my employer(s).