Things You Missed – 4th to 10th July 2022
- Discussion on cards for CardUp
- Citi Cashback: discussion on cashback mechanics
- Maybank Platinum Visa discussion
- UOB EVOL: discussion on cashback mechanics
- DBS LiveFresh: cashback on FavePay? Excluded
Miles and points cards
- DBS Vantage: does CardUp count as eligible spend for DBS Vantage? Chatter on the grapevine is that it gets 1.5 mpd, but not eligible for $8,000 minimum spend for sign-up promo. Developing…
- DBS Vantage: discussion on DBS Vantage’s packaging; see my unboxing and review here
- DBS Vantage: discussion on income requirement
- DBS Vantage: discussion on sign-up promo
- KrisFlyer: what can 15,000 miles redeem?
- Citi PremierMiles: how to get Priority Pass membership
- HSBC Revolution: discussion on whether SimplyGo transactions get 10X points
General card discussion
- How easy is it to cancel bank cards?
- Citi: refund of excess payment (without Citi bank account)
- Amaze: seems to make posting faster
- UOB: on supplementary cards and statements
Credit card promo
- Can you stack UOB PRVI’s promo with KrisFlyer UOB’s promo? Yes
- Are Citi supplementary cardholders still eligible for new-to-Citi card promos? Yes
What card to use for
- Dior bag
- Massage places
- Overseas spend with Amaze
- Household appliance (at AudioHouse): Citi SMRT (website only) or OCBC Titanium Rewards
- SQ stopover fee
- Healthway (or other medical screenings) MCC
- Income Tax: is recurring partial payment possible via CardUp? Yes
Savings and investments
- UOB 15-month fixed deposit is 2% p.a.
- DBS Multiplier: more discussion on insurance requirement
- CIMB FastSaver promotion
- Are OCBC SRS transfers immediate?
- SingLife Account promo: skip it probably
- Singapore Savings Bond: how it works for SRS + cash application
- Grab: discussion on 7/7 booster
- Grab: transactions charged directly to card will no longer earn points from 1st August
- GrabFood: multiple eligible offers can be stacked now
- YouTrip: still worth using?
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips shared exclusively in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Thank you for supporting my site!
Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. Content published here are my sole views and personal opnion, and none of the information here constitutes personal financial advice nor represents the views of my employer(s).