All the chit-chat and discussion over at our Telegram group about credit cards, promos, and some personal finance stuff.
General card discussion
- StanChart cycle question
- Note that recurring telco bills are usually excluded from rewards; more discussion on telco bills
- NTUC FairPrice app same MCC (5411) as buying in-store
- Getting rejected by Citi? Try filling in details manually instead of using SingPass
- Miles vs cashback, again
- CIMB Cards exclude Amaze transactions for sign-up promo
- Can you apply for higher end cards without meeting income requirements?
- Discussion on trying to get annual fee waived
- Kopitiam via FairPrice app MCC is 5814 (Fast Food)
- Discussion on cashback cards
- Discussion on cashback cards for dining
- UOB Absolute: when is cashback credited?
- UOB Absolute/One: does Grab top-up get cashback?
- Citi SMRT: NTUC FairPrice vouchers get 5% cashback
- Citi SMRT: does Atome qualify for 5% cashback?
- DBS LiveFresh: discussion on whether Fave gets cashback
- Amex True Cashback: discussion on fee waiver
- Maybank Family and Friends: is minimum spend based on calendar month or statement cycle?
Miles and points cards
- HSBC Revolution: how do points work for miles and cashback
- HSBC Revolution: pro tip on making sure cashier does contactless transaction
- DBS Altitude: PriorityPass application
- DBS Altitude: discussion on hotel payment
- Citi PremierMiles: PriorityPass application
- Citi PremierMiles: does it work for digital subscriptions?
- DBS Vantage: discussion on card
- Amex Ascend: lets you fast-track to KrisFlyer Gold (with minimum spend)
What card to use for
- Fraser: 10% extra for gift cards
- Fraser: 20% extra for gift cards (sold out)
- Discussion on reapplying cards for sign-up gifts
- PayLah HAO Mart promo
- Kris+ Esso promo
- UOB One Account: best way to clock 3 GIRO transactions
- UOB One Account: cards that qualify for card spend requirement
- Discussion on best joint account for married couple
- Can Singapore Savings Bond be subscribed with cash and SRS at the same time?
- DBS Multiplier: ProtectFirst can satisfy insurance requirement; currently 50% off
- DBS Multiplier: is it possible to switch funds and to get another 12 months of bonus interest?
- Kris+: cannot be used to pay for gift cards
- Grab: remember to cancel subscription plan if you signed up under the $0.01 promotional rate
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips exclusively shared in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. None of the information here constitutes personal financial advice. Thank you for supporting my site!