Our group chat’s weekly chatter on credit cards, promos, and other personal finance stuff.
- UOB Preferred Platinum: discussion on interaction with Kris+; seems to work
- UOB Preferred Platinum: does it earn bonus points for Lazada and Shopee? Lazada yes, Shopee likely but untested
- DBS LiveFresh: do Grab or Gojek rides give 5%? Yes, charge the ride to the card directly
- UOB Absolute: does it get 1.7% on AXS? Through GrabPay Mastercard
- Will paying credit card bill before billing cycle ends affect cashback? No
- Citi Rewards: 10X points based on month or statement? Statement
- StanChart Smart: discussion on whether CardUp is an eligible transaction
- UOB credit card: discussion on rejected card application
- Citi PremierMiles: can lounge access still be used if annual fee is waived? Yes
- UOB One: does it give 10% cashback on ShopeePay top up? No
- UOB One: do telco bills count towards cashback? Yes
- Maybank Family and Friends: max to spend on groceries? $312.50
Credit card promos
- Will buying $800 of Giant vouchers qualify as eligible spend? It should
- Amex Ascend bonus miles promo
- 12.1% rebate on eCapitaVoucher purchase
- Would CardUp count for DBS Vantage sign-up promo?
- Grab to Jipay spend strategy (sign up here with code
- Grab: any way to use GrabPay after annual limit? No
- Grab: does paying travel insurance get Grab points? Excluded
- Grab: payment of M1 bills via website does not get Accelerator points; use app instead
- Grab: top ups with Visa to incur $1 surcharge from 1st July onwards
- Kris+: discussion on usefulness
- PayLah: overseas use in Malaysia, Thailand, and other overseas places
- NETS FlashPay: can it still pay for income tax via SAM? Yes
- Revolut: is 20% public transportation cashback still on in July?
- More discussion on Revolut vs YouTrip
What to use for
Savings and investment
Miles and points
- What to do with expiring Avios miles? Book a cheap flight and cancel which counts as an activity
- Discussion on redemption of miles
- Discussion on whether the miles are worth paying credit card’s annual fee
- Discussion on buying miles from SQ
- Discussion on whether the NTUC membership worth it
- HSBC closing some branches
- DBS Debit Cards’s cashback isn’t too bad
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips exclusively shared in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. None of the information here constitutes personal financial advice. Thank you for supporting my site!