Excellent Deal: Get $150 Cashback with DBS Takashimaya Card, Even for Existing DBS Cardholders!!
Here’s a really great deal: get $150 cashback with a minimum spend of $350 per month (except for Takashimaya transactions) for 2 months when you apply for a DBS Takashimaya American Express® Card!
With HSBC, StanChart, and Citi offering anywhere between $280 to $350, what makes $150 cashback an excellent deal? Unlike those offers which are only for new-to-bank customers, this is open even for existing DBS cardholders!
Spend on practically anything… excluding Takashimaya transactions
The spending can be made anywhere except Takashimaya’s online and physical departmental store. To be clear, you can spend it on your everyday expenses, be it your taxi rides, food deliveries… even shopping at rival departmental stores as long as it’s not in Takashimaya.
This is a little strange and very different from previous times this promo ran. I can’t say I get the logic of this sign-up promo, but this is infinitely more useful for many people who don’t normally shop at Takashimaya.
DBS Takashimaya (Amex)
New to DBS Takashimaya cards (existing cardholders of other DBS/POSB cards qualify too!)
- Apply online for DBS Takashimaya American Express® Card from 1 March 2023 to 30 June 2023.
- Spend a minimum of S$600 within Takashimaya (Takashimaya Department Store, Takashimaya Online Store and participating specialty stores at Takashimaya Shopping Centre)^ within first month from Card approval date with your DBS Takashimaya American Express® Card to receive S$300 cashback.
Until 30th June 2023
After being taken to DBS site, scroll down and look for the Apply Now button in red. Promo code can be left blank for DBS Takashimaya Card
The exclusions are brief:
- Takashimaya Department Store
- Takashimaya Department Store Online Store
- Interest, finance charges, cash withdrawal, smart cash, instalment payment plans, my preferred payment plans, balance transfer, fund transfer, refunds, cash advances, annual fees, interest, late payment charges, all fees charged by DBS, miscellaneous charges imposed by DBS (unless otherwise stated in writing by DBS)
- Any other transaction effected via any medium or channel, electronic or otherwise, which transaction, medium or channel DBS Bank may in its sole and absolute discretion choose to disallow
The last point is a catch-all statement which is a little vague, so I probably wouldn’t be spending the $350 on usual exclusions like Grab top-ups. If you have any funny, weird, or strange transactions you’re unsure would qualify, do call up the DBS hotline. My experience with them has been quite pleasant as the customer service reps are generally knowledgeable about the promos that are running (apparently something very rare when it comes to bank support hotlines), and follow up promptly to resolve issues.
This promo is an excellent deal particularly for existing DBS cardholders. The previous time DBS had a promo for its Takashimaya card, it was restricted only to Takashimaya which posed a challenge for many who wondered what to buy at the departmental store. No such issues this time, and if you’ve sat out the previous couple of promos because you have nothing to buy at Takashimaya, this is the one you’ve been waiting for.
Keep up to date on the best cashback/mile cards, financial products, attractive deals, and more tips to maximise your financial wellbeing by subscribing to my Telegram channel.
Subscribe to the channel, then join the group chat. You would often benefit from the tips shared exclusively in the group chat!
Disclaimer: I may receive an affiliate/referral fee when you sign up for services/products on this site, and such fees keep the site running. I would only recommend services/products I would personally use or recommend to my own friends and family, but I do not provide any warranty or guarantee for the quality of these services/products. Thank you for supporting my site!
Please exercise due diligence when signing up for any service/product as I will not be liable for any personal loss, financial or otherwise. Content published here are my sole views and personal opnion, and none of the information here constitutes personal financial advice nor represents the views of my employer(s).
2 thoughts on “Excellent Deal: Get $150 Cashback with DBS Takashimaya Card, Even for Existing DBS Cardholders!!”
Nice. When does this expire?
Really nice indeed. DBS states that it’s until 30th June.